. . .
I will be graduating from baking school on June 18th. Well, I’m supposed to graduate, but that’s only if I don’t screw up a bunch of stuff between now and then. Anyhoo, to mark my intent to graduate, I was thinking we could have a friendly competition. Because nothing bonds people more than some bad-ass baking.
Here’s what I’m thinking: why don’t you get off your rear and bake me a graduation cake? You can compete with other cool people from the interwebs to see who creates the most epic mass of butter, sugar and flour. Let’s engage in a buttercream smack-down. A sugary battle royale, if you will.
Here’s what you do:
- Create an awesome graduation cake for movita. Anything you like. I don’t like rules, so as long as it is a cake, I’m happy. Any style. Any colour. Any flavour. Any decorating theme. You get to eat the cake (because I don’t want you to go to the trouble of mailing it to me), so you’re already winning.
- Send movita a picture (two maximum) of your super-awesome cake by Friday, May 31, 2013 @ midnight AST. Also, if you could downsize your photos a bit, that would be awesome. Please don’t crash my email. (Send photos to movita|at|live.ca or click the email link on the right sidebar.) No late entries will be accepted – you’ve got, like, two months to get your act together. Photos shouldn’t include you/your kids/your pets. We just wanna see your cake, Creepy.
- Listen, people, I’m not kidding about the two photo thing. Some of you like to send in, say, twelve photos with a charming note that says, “I couldn’t pick, movita, they were all so awesome.” Cut it out. I don’t have time for that crap. Send in TWO photos. If you send more, I will return your email to you and tell you to pick TWO photos and re-submit your entry. I don’t like it when my voice sounds like this.
- Don’t send me some photo you found online and then claim it as your own. Seriously.
- Be sure to send your name, email, blog address and any other information you might want included with your entry. That’s right – I’ll post some lame-ass story you tell me about your super-awesome creation on the interwebs. If you’re a blogger, send along a link to your blog – that way we can all come visit you over there. Your personal information (email, last name, weight) will not be posted on the interweb. Just your first name, your photos, and anything dumb you’ve insisted I include about your cake like, “I set my house on fire baking this cake, isn’t that hilarious? LOL!!” Actually, I refuse to post LOL’s on my blog, so don’t bother trying.
- Watch for a picture of your super-awesome graduation cake to appear on movita beaucoup. I will, in all likelihood, make fun of your cake. Also, I’ll probably make fun of you. Deal.
- Watch people vote for your super-awesome graduation cake. Preliminary voting will take place during the week of June 10-14, 2013, with the final vote on Monday, June 17. You can promote yourself like mad on facebook and twitter. Email people you knew in high school. Bribe people to vote for you. It’s the world wide web people! Turns out you can use it for more than just porn. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, June 18th – graduation day!
- Win the respect and admiration of many. And, wait for it… a prize.
The prize has been sponsored by yours truly – because stealing lunch money at college has been very profitable. The winner will receive:
A $50.00 (USD) gift certificate at Bake It Pretty!
You can buy yourself all sorts of wicked awesome stuff there. It’s, like, the best mother freakin’ place ever. And then you can have your self-picked treats shipped right to your doorstop.
Some treats from movita! Wheeeeee! Including two retro books on using those decorating tips and pastry bags you’ve been collecting. I’m not kidding, these books are from around 1985, but I have ‘em both and use them all the time. Your prize pack will contain:
a. Wilton book on using decorating tips | b. teeny-tiny cutters | c. Ateco book on uses for decorating tips | d. teeny-tiny candles | e. vanilla bean paste | f. a thingy to help you measure butter | g. a garland marker set | h. an icing comb set
So, it’s settled. Start decorating your cakes, and send me your photos. You can send me your entry this week, or slap something together at the last minute like you did in high school.
Email photo(s) of your entry to movita|at|live.ca by Friday, May 31, 2013. Too lazy to copy and paste that email address? Just click on that email button in the right sidebar of this here blog.
The competition starts… NOW!
(Tips for winning movita competitions can be found here!)
(Check out last year’s Bake My Cake entries here!)