freshen up

Today I’ve been doing. Doing and doing. Doing loads of things. It’s sunny, and I’ve got all the windows open. There is laundry drying on the line, and the kitties are laying in sunny patches. I went for a walk in the park. I believed the doctor when she said that I don’t look 39. I bought a few trinkets at my favourite kitchen store. I checked on the veggie patch. Read some blogs. Cleaned, polished and wiped stuff.

Also, I’ve been freshening the mattresses and rugs around the house. I’m on a real cleaning kick these days. Wanna wee tip? Put about 1 cup of Borax (or baking soda) in a mason jar, and add a few drops of your favourite essential oil. I’ve been using lemongrass – but you might want lavender. Yah. Lavender would be good too. Okay, so then you’re going to want to give that jar a good shake. Shake and shake (don’t worry if there are a couple of lumpy bits). Sprinkle that freshening goodness all over your rug or mattress. Let it sit for an hour or two. Vacuum it up. Bask in your own glory. Kick up your feet and eat a celebratory chocolate bar whilst reading the issue of Martha Stewart that just arrived at your door.

7 Responses to freshen up

1. Ignorant Bystander June 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm #

I prefer to use the tears of a thousand orphans.

Such sweet dreams, and it somehow also helps my sciatica.

• movita June 9, 2011 at 9:20 am #

Perhaps you should do a guest post. I’m assuming the tears of a thousand orphans have multiple uses…

2. emmalina73 June 8, 2011 at 7:32 pm #

So you’ve found a way to go to heaven without dying then? Neat trick! It all sounds very serene, relaxing and well earned. So basically I can’t speak to you for at least a week.

Well until tomorrow anyway. Enjoy. Or whatever.

• movita June 9, 2011 at 9:21 am #

All I can say is: I can’t believe you’re going to have chickens.

You are so cool.

3. maudiemaudie June 9, 2011 at 4:13 am #

Good tip! However, we have not a single rug or carpet in the whole house so I’ll have to save it for the mattresses. Floorboards and tiles that’s what you need, easy to keep clean. Actually not when you have 2 cats who seem intent on shedding every bit of their fur all over the floor. Sometimes doing feels good doesn’t it, sometimes doing nothing feels equally as good. Especially if it’s doing nothing with a Southern Comfort to help.

• movita June 9, 2011 at 9:23 am #

Last night when 2.0 climbed into bed he rolled all around yelling about how awesome the mattress smelled. When I woke this morning, we had three cats on the bed. I’m doubting the mattress will smell lemony fresh for long. (Maybe I should pick up some Southern Comfort…)

4. movita beaucoup September 13, 2015 at 11:40 am #

Comments are now closed on this post as it was published in June 2011. Thanks for stopping by!