movita’s veggie patch – progress report { 6 }

Did you think I forgot? It’s Monday! I know you’ve been checking for updates all day. Whelp, there’s not much to report. We’ve been eating radishes, and they are sublime. We even had enough to share with Bill Beaucoup – a diehard radish fan. We’ve had a couple of sunny days, so things seem to be taking off – funny how just a little sun can do that. (That being said, there has been torrential rain again today.) The peas seem to be progressing the fastest right now – and if you look at that photo up there, way up in the left corner, you can see the beets. 2.0 seems to find the peas most satisfying – they are bigger and bushier each and every day. We haven’t planted tomatoes yet (I’m wondering if it’s too late), but maybe 2.0 will be inspired to do so on the weekend.

Also, I think we’ll be eating our first salad this week – the lettuce is ready to harvest! Now I just have to find my rubber boots…

8 Responses to movita’s veggie patch – progress report { 6 }

1. heatherjay June 13, 2011 at 10:42 pm #

Congrats on the gorgeous green. Are you looking for tomato transplants…?

• movita June 14, 2011 at 8:25 am #

Yes! And we’d pay millions of dollars for them!

2. Marsha Sefcik June 13, 2011 at 10:47 pm #

Your veg patch is doing great! I have some peas and with a magnifying glass I can see lettuce breaking through the ground. We transplanted tomatoes and peppers but they aren’t doing too well. I think it’s been too cold. who knows!

• movita June 14, 2011 at 8:27 am #

It has been a redonkulous spring. I’m not sure how anything can be growing! We’re all going to have Seasonal Affective Disorder!

3. Lynne June 13, 2011 at 11:34 pm #

Great photo of green there!! Good gardening – you inspired me. I now have tomato plants that encompass my teeny backyard. I also have one cucumber plant, and lots of stuff that my son planted for me. Oh, and some beans (don’t ask me what kind cuz I have no idea) that came along with some discounted string beans I bought at the local market. They were large seeds, red striped, in pods. Not string beans. Interesting. I planted them & they just came up. Cool.

Now could you please stop sending your rain over here in Boston-land? I’m freezing here – we had a few days of close to 100 degree heat (Fahrenheit. cannot translate to Celsius, sorry. Like a zillion degrees no matter what you use). Now it’s dropped to half that and I’m considering taking my winter coat out again.

4. movita June 14, 2011 at 8:28 am #

Sorry. If the Bruins are going to keep shaming the Canucks, I’ve got no other option. Until we win the Cup, I’ll be sending rain to Boston.

• Lynne June 14, 2011 at 9:28 am #

“Until we win the Cup, I’ll be sending rain to Boston.”

Oh dear. I better buy a boat…

5. movita beaucoup September 13, 2015 at 11:39 am #

Comments are now closed on this post as it was published in June 2011. Thanks for stopping by!