slow cooker sunday – jimmy fallon’s crock pot chili

Yah, I know it’s not Sunday, but 2.0 and I have started a new tradition. Slow Cooker Sundays! I’m betting a billion other people have started the same tradition, since google had over 4 million results for the phrase “Slow Cooker Sunday,” but whatever. It’s new to us. Though, now that I think about it, we often make a big pot of something on Sundays… but… well, now we’ve given the event an official name. And sure, that name might not be new to the 4.3 million of you who are already fully engaged in Slow Cooker Sundays, but I’m hoping you’ll just let me have this.

Anyhoo, because I work all day Saturday, and most of the day Sunday, I don’t have much time on the weekend for cooking. Or fun. Or posting recipes. Or anything, really. Enter the slow cooker. (And a post on Tuesday.) Jam that slow cooker with tasty ingredients on Sunday before heading to rehearsals, and return to a house filled with the smells of slow-cooked awesomeness. Oh, and then take the leftovers in your lunch kit through the following week. Brilliant!

So, on Sunday morning, I prepped the ingredients for Jimmy Fallon’s Crock Pot Chili. I stumbled upon it whilst visiting Martha Stewart’s website. I figured Martha probably hates comedians, so if she is willing to put her stamp of approval on Jimmy’s chili? Well, I’m on it!

Here’s the thing, this is the first non-Rosie-Beaucoup chili I’ve ever made. I’m nothing if not loyal. Now, you really should make that chili. It’s very important that you do. But, also, you should try Jimmy Fallon’s chili. It’s got cilantro in it, and some habanero chile, cayenne pepper and beer. That’s right, sista, there’s some yummy beer in there. And when I returned home from work on Sunday evening, worn down and bedraggled, I could hardly wait to try it. It was good. Really good. And since the weekend had pretty much kicked me to the curb, this chili gave me the kick in the arse I needed to go on living.

I didn’t tweak this recipe at all. Not a bit. So I’m just going to give you the link. You’ll be okay. Just click on the link below. And I’ll be back with more recipes later. I promise. (Are you crying?)

Find the recipe here..

10 Comments

1. frugalfeeding on October 4, 2011 at 11:08 am

Oh wow, this looks great! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. I recently blogged a veggie chilli – it was so yum. Perfect for autumn.

• movita on October 4, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Oooh! I’ll have to check out your post…

2. nancyc on October 5, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Yum…chili is one of my favorite fall dishes!

3. Salazar on October 6, 2011 at 2:10 pm

That looks so good! I always hesitate to cook chili in the crock pot though, because it releases too much water, and I prefer a thicker chili.

• movita on October 6, 2011 at 3:54 pm

This chili was reasonably thick, but I hear what you’re saying. In the last 30 minutes of cooking, you take the lid off the crock pot, which helps thicken it a little. However, it might not be quite thick enough for the likes of you!

4. EveryBookandCranny on October 7, 2011 at 2:46 pm

How timely! I was just recently thinking that I needed to try a new chili recipe. I make chili every fall and for five straight years have only ever made Emeril’s White Chili. It’s amazing and rustic and earthy and I love it, but it’s time to branch out. I’m going to try this recipe. Thanks.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too. I love yours. So many wonderful pictures and dishes!

• movita on October 7, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Thanks! Also, I can’t believe DORIE left you a comment. Did you pass out? Cry? Run around the house naked? I bow to your greatness. (And Dorie’s.)

• EveryBookandCranny on October 7, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Ha! Yes, and I squealed like a giddy child. 🙂

5. chindeep3141 on April 12, 2014 at 1:49 am

Yum! Can’t wait to try this! We love crock pot recipes in our house 🙂 XOXO ~M

6. movita beaucoup on October 29, 2014 at 8:23 am

Comments on this post are now closed as it was published in October 2011. Happy cooking!