and the winner is…

The kitties here at the Cat Farm have, no lie, started peeing in litter box #1 and pooping in litter box #2. Weird, right?

In other news, The Rutherfords won Pumpkin Carve-Off 2011. I must admit, their pumpkin was pretty dope. And thanks to you, my arch nemeses have won yet another competition. Oh, and you see that photo down below there? That’s my dad, Bill Beaucoup. Working hard on his pumpkin. His elderly hands were almost crippled when tasked with creating a special pumpkin just for you. But don’t feel bad. I’m sure he’s happy you voted for The Rutherfords.

Thanks to all of you who contributed to the competition this year! I bow to your carving greatness, and I’m sure the thousands of people who visited the site to gawk at your creations were pretty darn impressed. I figured it would be just 2.0 and I competing, so to have 13 pumpkins in the mix was pretty awesome. Also, I hope you will all consider entering again next year. Even if it’s just because you want to beat The Rutherfords.

So, congratulations Rutherfords! (Huh… I actually kind of meant that.) You’ve done it again. I’ll see you in hell be waiting for your late entry for Ginger 2011… brace yourselves. It’s gunna be a bumpy ride.

14 Responses to and the winner is…

1. Michelle the Neighbour November 1, 2011 at 9:04 am #

Congrats Rutherfords!!!! Well done, it was fun, thanks for allowing me to enter!
    And, I find it interesting that the cats are ‘going #1’ in box #1, and ‘going #2’ in box #2…and they say cats are dumb!!

• movita beaucoup November 1, 2011 at 9:10 am #

The Cat Farm kitties are exceptionally brilliant. And soft.

Thanks for entering, Michelle – you were leading for a while there. I really thought you’d beat The Rutherfords. Maybe next year…

2. Michelle the Neighbour November 1, 2011 at 9:58 am #

Thanks Movita!!
    I am planning Ginger 2011 as we speak…mauhahahahaha

• movita beaucoup November 1, 2011 at 11:17 pm #

Man. You’re the best neighbour EVER!

3. Kim Bee November 1, 2011 at 12:39 pm #

This post made me crack up. The part about your dad’s hands and don’t feel bad are brilliant. Just like your kittens.

• movita beaucoup November 1, 2011 at 11:17 pm #

Yah. Brilliance runs in the family. And Kim? I expect you to compete in Ginger 2011. Start planning your gingerbread house…

4. Dee at Deelicious Sweets November 1, 2011 at 11:53 pm #

Wow, that’s an awesome pumpkin! Congrats to the winner 🙂 They seem to be real over-achievers 😉

Looking forward to next years competition. Bring it!

5. Cali Anne November 6, 2011 at 9:26 am #

These are amazing, I once tried to do a basic pumpkin an nearly cut my finger off. Very impressed at the skill required to produce these.

6. Eunice November 7, 2011 at 6:49 pm #

My fur kids do the exact same thing. Weird.
    I think they are doing this to psych us out.

Step 1: Confuse the humans
    Step 2: Complete world domination

And although I like the Rutherfords entry…I voted for your dads’ creation.

• movita beaucoup November 8, 2011 at 7:58 am #

I’m sure Bill Beaucoup appreciated your support. Get ready for Ginger 2011… it could get rough!

7. Rembot February 5, 2012 at 3:37 pm #

I’ll be competing next year. Expect something like this.

• movita beaucoup February 5, 2012 at 8:49 pm #

I’m not ascared of you. Robots are notorious for overestimating their carving skills.

8. movita beaucoup September 13, 2015 at 12:09 pm #

Comments are now closed on this post as it was published in November 2011. Thanks for stopping by!

1. Seafood Chowder 2.0: Guest Post by Movita Beaucoup | Cravings of a Lunatic - August 28, 2012

[…] a tool, or living under a rock or something. The lady has competitions on her blog like the Pumpkin Carve-off, Ginger and Bake my Cake. They get wicked competitive and people get mad and throw temper tantrums […]