@ thornbloom – the inspired home

I need to tell you about something. A place. A magical place. This is the place I visit every year to get my festive on. This place does festive like I do butter: hardcore. This place is called Thornbloom. Thornbloom is a pretty amazing place any time of year, but at Christmastime? Yowza. And guess what? They let me take some pictures for you. Now, as you know, I ain’t no professional photographer, so take the sparkle in these shots, multiply it by about a quadrillion, and then you’ll have an idea of how awesome this place is.

I have but a few requirements at Christmastime:

1. I must see National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Miracle on 34th Street, Holiday Inn and White Christmas or I will freak out
  2. Rosie Beaucoup must make her famous dressing balls, and I should be allowed to eat more than anyone else
  3. I must consume my bodyweight in Ganong Chicken Bones
  4. I need to go to Thornbloom before I allow myself to do anything else holiday related

Oh, yah, and I forgot to say: during the holidays I just want to spend quality time with my friends and family, I wish for world peace and a cure for all diseases, especially whatever one you’ve got. And also, I want to live at Thornbloom.

If you’re going to be in the Halifax area, you really should visit Thornbloom. Tell ’em movita send ya. They’ll be super nice to you and help you find whatever you need. And if you can’t visit them in person, you could just sit in your pyjamas and check out their facebook page. It’s almost the same. (Not really.)

Thanks, Thornbloom, for being such a big part of my favourite season. I’m ready now. Bring on the holidays…

15 Responses to @ thornbloom – the inspired home

1. Ann November 28, 2011 at 3:07 pm #

Pretty pictures! I am so ready to get in the Christmas spirit!

2. Mama's Gotta Bake November 28, 2011 at 5:11 pm #

I love the holiday colors and sparkle! Very festive!

3. Sydney Jones November 28, 2011 at 6:11 pm #

Ou la la!! Glitter 🙂 I’m so excited!!

4. brambleoak November 28, 2011 at 7:03 pm #

Lovely photos! I wanna live there too!

5. Ashley - Baker by Nature November 28, 2011 at 9:12 pm #

When are we moving in there?! All that sparkle!!

6. msginge November 28, 2011 at 9:50 pm #

Oh all the sparkle! I would have a hard time staying away from that place. It reminds me a little of a store ( well, actually a garden center) that we visit every year, because they too, go all out for the holidays.
    Beautiful pictures by the way. 🙂

7. movita beaucoup November 28, 2011 at 10:26 pm #

Thanks, lovelies! So, I guess we’ll all pack some stuff into kit bags and move in next week? See you there! (Don’t forget to pack chocolate.)

• emmalina73 November 29, 2011 at 8:07 pm #

I’m bring a sleeping bag, snacks, a fluffy hat and a large packet of wet wipes. I’m thinking we are good until March, bagsy a spot under the gold tree!

8. kydel November 28, 2011 at 10:51 pm #

Wowzer! That’s a sparklefest! I feel like my teeth may fall out just looking at those pictures! It looks awesome in there. I wish I could visit!

9. Just A Smidgen November 29, 2011 at 1:47 am #

Now I’ve got another reason to visit Halifax:) At first I thought it was a candy store with all those colors…

10. Rosie Beaucoup November 29, 2011 at 5:00 pm #

The photos are beautiful, Movita. I made an attempt last year to explain to Isabelle in France the sheer scale and wonderousness of the display. Now she can cast her eyes on all the fabulous baubles and tell me what she would like sent to her next year.
    I love our annual trip Thornblooms with lunch afterwards. I think I will go to my own blog now and post a photo of the desserts we had at A Mano after our shopping trip -spectacular in their own way. What a great tradition!

• emmalina73 November 29, 2011 at 8:05 pm #

I’ve just checked out your blog post and seen pictures of the fantastic deserts you guys enjoyed (without me but let’s not mention that). So now I’m idly wondering what your policy on adult adoption is? Don’t rush, think it through, I can provide a resume if necessary.

• movita beaucoup November 30, 2011 at 1:34 pm #

Forget it. Rosie Beaucoup already treats 2.0 better than me. I don’t need any more competition.

11. emmalina73 November 29, 2011 at 8:02 pm #

Me wanna wanna sparkly birds wanna! I just realised that I have a serious sparkly deficit in my life right now, that needs to change.

Do you think they accept keen but clumsy child labour in exchange for sparkly decorations? It’s the currency of the future.

12. movita beaucoup September 13, 2015 at 12:07 pm #

Comments are now closed on this post as it was published in November 2011. Thanks for stopping by!