. . .
Oh, hey. I just wanted to remind you that the deadline to enter Ginger 2011 (probably one of the most important competitive events on the planet) is next Monday. I mean, don’t freak out or anything, just think about getting started. Maybe take a day off work or something.
Now, because I’m basically a ginger genius, I’m going to offer you a little advice. For example, if you’re not sure how to get started on your house, consider picking a theme. Perhaps a colour scheme, or maybe a motif that can be carried throughout the design (such as Crack Chic or Abandoned Shanty). You can use a kit if you like, or use the recipe I use to bake your ginger house from scratch. Be sure to liberally flour your surface and rolling pin when rolling out your dough – like, mega flour. The recipe yields enough for a good-sized house. Also, baking from scratch gives you lots of opportunity to develop super-awesome house templates which you could later sell for millions of dollars on the interweb.
If you want to enter, you’ve gotta:
- Create a super-awesome gingerbread house. It could even be a condo. I don’t like rules, so as long as it is a building zoned residential, agricultural and/or commercial, I’m happy. Slap up some sort of building, people.
- Send movita a picture (two maximum) of your super-awesome gingerbread house by Monday, December 19th @ midnight. In your time zone. Cripes, stop freaking out. Also, if you could downsize your photos to around 500k or less, that would be awesome. Please don’t crash my email.
- Watch for a picture of your super-awesome gingerbread house to appear on movita beaucoup. I figure only about
foursix of you will enter, so your odds of making it to the site are pretty darn good.
- Watch people vote for your super-awesome gingerbread house. The voting will take place Tuesday, December 20 to Thursday, December 22. Because competing is festive! The winner will be announced on Friday, December 23rd.
- Win the respect and admiration of many. And, wait for it… a prize.
Oh, your photos shouldn’t include you/your kids/your pets. We just wanna see your ginger creation, and have very little interest in your Holly Hobbie themed holiday vest. Be sure to send your name, email and any other information you might want included with your entry. That’s right – I’ll post some lame-ass story you tell me about your super-awesome sugar shack on the interweb.
Now stop staring at your computer and get your ginger on.