a sheep for shannon

a sheep for shannon | movita beaucoup

Sheep: What’s up, movita?

movita: Not much, Sheep.

Sheep: What’s that box for?

movita: You.

Sheep: Whatiddy what?

movita: It’s for you. You’re going to get into that box, and then I’m going to send you to live with my friend, Shannon.

Sheep: I don’t think so! That box looks pretty small…

movita: You won’t be in there for long – before you know it, you’ll be living in the best place ever.

Sheep: But I like it here – are you sure you want me to leave?

movita: Trust me, you want to go. Shannon lives in America – the streets are paved with gold there. Americans invented Crocs and the Ford Pinto, so that’s… something. Also, Shannon likes to bake and cook, and I’m betting she’ll let you sleep in her bed.

Sheep: I dunno. I guess it sounds alright.

a sheep for shannon | movita beaucoup

movita: Oh, you’re gunna love it, Sheep. And you’ll really like Shannon. It’s her birthday, you know. That’s why I’m sending you to her.

Sheep: Me? I’m her gift?

movita: Yup.

Sheep: Well, that sounds about right. Look at my body. I’ve been working out.

a sheep for shannon | movita beaucoup

movita: Good. It’s settled.

Sheep: Yes, it’s settled.

movita: Will you tell Shannon that I love her? That she’s one of the best blogging buddies a gal could have?

Sheep: Sure, I’ll tell her that stuff.

movita: And tell her that I wish her the happiest of birthdays, okay?

Sheep: Okay, I’ll try to remember.

movita: Safe journey, Sheep.

Sheep: Thanks, movita. Try not to eat any more moths, okay?

movita: Very funny, Sheep.

a sheep for shannon | movita beaucoup

34 Responses to a sheep for shannon

1. The Neighbour October 12, 2012 at 6:02 am #

That sheep is ADORABLE!!! Shannon is a lucky gal!

2. Chocolate Chilli Mango® October 12, 2012 at 6:14 am #

<3 you

3. Carol Anne @ Rock Salt October 12, 2012 at 6:31 am #

Love.

4. Love Loulabel October 12, 2012 at 6:53 am #

I love you sheep (I’m from NZ, nuff said there!). But mostly, thanks for remembering the moths, as I feared it was only me thinking about that often (well, that and my own fly eating experience!). AND, Happy Birthday Shannon!! mwah Movita, you always rock awesome xox

5. emma October 12, 2012 at 8:04 am #

Happy birthday Shannon! Happy travels adorable sheep who reminds me of Le Petit Prince!

Dessine-moi un mouton… et puis, de me l’envoyer:)

6. shannon October 12, 2012 at 8:37 am #

dudes, i’m SO GONNA CRY RIGHT NOW.
    with happiness.
    because The Sheep got here safe and sound and it is the BEST. GIFT. EVER.

i’m beside myself. give me a minute. this Sheep has such a beautiful felted body i can’t even come to grips with my own overwhelming happiness. this will not be my only comment, i’m just in the throes of joy right now.

That’s my SHEEP, ya’ll.

7. Marsha Sefcik Interiors October 12, 2012 at 9:13 am #

My daughter still loves her sheep that you sent her. It sits proudly on her bedside table.

8. jacquie October 12, 2012 at 9:31 am #

that sheep is so cute. if you don’t mind my asking did you make him/her? & if so can you share pattern or where you got it? please 🙂

• movita beaucoup October 12, 2012 at 2:12 pm #

I made it myself – no real pattern – but you can find lots of books out there on felting which will help you make loads of furry, felted friends!!

9. Anything But Academia October 12, 2012 at 9:34 am #

If I was the kind of person who “squeals with delight”, I totally would have done so when I signed into WordPress and that sweet little sheep face was the first thing I saw.

10. emmalina73 October 12, 2012 at 9:47 am #

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! Sheep.

Adore.

11. Bonnie October 12, 2012 at 10:02 am #

Neat sheep. I could totally picture it talking to you. Hope it speaks to Shannon too. I can’t quite get the character of sheep when I felt. I shall have to try harder, and look at yours for inspiration.

12. wee eats October 12, 2012 at 10:11 am #

OMG adorable!!!!!

13. Eggton October 12, 2012 at 10:30 am #

IT WAS SO NICE OF YOU TO SEND SHANNON A MOCK-UP OF THE SHEEP YOU’RE MAKING ME.

Just kidding. 🙂 I love it, and you ladies.

• shannon October 12, 2012 at 5:50 pm #

katherine, you’re like the first person i thought of when i opened the box. because it’s a SHEEP.

14. Amy @ Elephant Eats October 12, 2012 at 11:06 am #

omg, that sheep is SO CUTE!!! You made it??? Happy bday, Shannon!

• Amy @ Elephant Eats October 12, 2012 at 1:47 pm #

And if you DID indeed make that so-adorable-i-can’t-stand-it sheep…I’m thinking you should try making a lil elephant next 😉 Just sayin.

• The Neighbour October 12, 2012 at 2:36 pm #

Or a pig, The Neighbour loves pigs

15. texydeb October 12, 2012 at 12:30 pm #

A wonderful touching way to say Happy Birthday! 😀

16. Barbara Bamber | justasmidgen October 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Hahaha.. I love “sheep”!! Shannon better write stories with sheep.. I’ll miss her (him?) !! xx Happy Birthday to Shannon!!

• shannon October 12, 2012 at 5:52 pm #

barbara, i imagine that my new sheep will maintain a constant presence on the blog/in stories. she’s like my new mascot/assistant.

17. thekalechronicles October 12, 2012 at 2:57 pm #

That sheep is — I was going to say “adorable” but someone beat me to it, so I’ll just say “too cool for school.” And it’s got a mouth on it so that we know it came from Ms. Movita Beaucoup. You could sell those if you ever get tired of baking school, Ms. B.

18. Marie Paturel October 12, 2012 at 3:56 pm #

that is sooooo adorable

19. lackofadefinitestop October 12, 2012 at 6:54 pm #

Rachel – I can not thank you enough for your part in this wonderful birthday surprise for my Shannon. The post was the icing on the cake (see i can make baking references also 🙂 What a special way for her to celebrate this year in her life. Thanks again.Jan Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 08:00:31 +0000 To: jen_3591@hotmail.com

20. glutenfreezen October 12, 2012 at 7:35 pm #

Your wool sheep are absolutely adorable!! I would say Shannon is a lucky gal!

Crocs and Ford Pintos? 😉

21. annewoodman October 12, 2012 at 9:34 pm #

LOVE the sheep. He has a plaintive, take-me-home air about him. And I’m partial to that look.

22. Juls October 13, 2012 at 4:43 am #

How wonderful! I hope Shannon LOVES SHEEP, that ovine has a wry sense of humour.

23. spree October 13, 2012 at 10:44 am #

Happy Birthday Shannon…you one very very lucky sheepstress! And Movita, you the most thoughtful gifter in the blogosphere! And Sheep, you going be So happy and maybe Movita will come visit you when you feeling sad for missing her…which you for surely will some days.

24. Rosie Beaucoup October 13, 2012 at 4:48 pm #

Love this post, Movita!

25. wendy@chezchloe October 14, 2012 at 2:11 am #

Adorable. You are some bundle of talent.
    You might check out these guys from my little island. Insanely creative,inspiring and damn cute.

26. cravingsofalunatic October 25, 2012 at 10:32 pm #

How come this post doesn’t say “a sheep for Lunie”? Or “a unicorn for Lunie”? I don’t get it. Do you like this Shannon better than me? Pft, it’s just a birthday for cripes sake.

Okay seriously Happy Birthday Shannon. Enjoy your mofo-ing sheep.

27. movita beaucoup December 27, 2015 at 6:50 pm #

Comments on this post are now closed as it was published in October 2012.

1. farmers’ market monday: caramelized onion + apple pizza salad. | A Periodic Table - October 15, 2012

[…] then, she made me a sheep for my birthday. That’s right: Movita, who is in baking school, like, 15 hours a day or something, has a real […]

2. my entry for movita’s carve-off 2012: a home for lottie (the sheep.) | A Periodic Table - October 27, 2012

[…] catching up on her reading and determining her plan of action for the day. In walks the Sheep which Movita Beaucoup made for Shannon’s birthday. They’ve been living together for a few weeks […]