ginger 2012 – the champs

ginger 2012 | movita beaucoup

Hey there, ginger fans! I’m pleased to declare the Yehling Family Ginger 2012 champs! Congrats on your sweet victory! Your palace is absolutely stunning, and I’m honoured to have had the chance to share it with so many people.

I’d like to send a huge thank you out to all of this year’s competitors. I can personally attest to the amount of time and work that goes into creating ginger masterpieces like the ones we’ve seen this week, and I appreciate all you have done to support my blog and my annual competitions. I love how varied the entries were this year, and I hope this never changes. Some were primitive and some were put together by ginger prodigies. Some were submitted by children, and some by adults still touched by the spirit of the holidays. Amateurs competed against pros, family members competed against one another, and friends threw it down ginger style. Thanks for being such good sports, for letting me make fun of you, and for being so supportive of your fellow competitors. I hope you had as much fun as I did!

I’d also like to thank all of the voters out there – I appreciate the time you took to head on over here to cast your votes in this epic battle of ginger. I know the words of support and encouragement you left for the competitors were appreciated.

Finally, I’d like to send a huge thank you out to Crosby’s Molasses for sweetening the prize pot for 2012! I have a feeling the Yehling family will put our prizes to good use – as will Kate & Ellen (our spectacular runners-up).

I’ve received a number of emails from my co-competitors to say that they are ready to compete again next year, so let’s say we meet back here in December 2013, okay? I’m already excited! (And terrified.)

7 Responses to ginger 2012 – the champs

1. Melody December 22, 2012 at 2:06 pm #

Congratulations! It was fun watching the competition! Thanks to MB for holding it!

2. stephbo93 December 22, 2012 at 2:14 pm #

Congratulations, Yehlings!!! And really, to all of the competitors. There wasn’t a single one which wasn’t phenomenal. It was extremely hard to pick winners from each group. Thanks, Movita, for all of the fun!

3. Bonnie December 22, 2012 at 2:26 pm #

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks Movita for doing this. It was great fun, looking at all the gingerbread ideas. I don’t know where you find the time to work on this fantastic blog, but I’m sure glad you do. All the best.

4. ironwoodfarm December 22, 2012 at 4:11 pm #

Wow! I’m exhausted from looking, reading, salivating…I didn’t even get a chance to vote! Congratulations to all, for these fabulous feats of ginger – every year I get more inspired and less likely to throw my hat into this ring of magic and mayhem. Movita, you really know how to bring ‘em out to the party, huh.
    – btw, I was listening to the lovely Ellen (of Kate and Ellen runner-up fame) playing her harp while my grade 7s danced across the stage performing the Bard’s Twelfth Night on Thursday. Small world, eh.
    I suppose that was one of the times when I should have been at home voting on Ginger 2012…

5. shannon December 23, 2012 at 9:06 am #

congrats, Yehling family!! i’ll be honest: i super wanted my stella to beat you with her tiny cereal house, but i knew there was no way it would happen. Your Buckingham Palace is amazing, and it only makes me want to work that much harder to beat you next year. I’ll be starting early; say, mid-April. :)

6. musingmar December 23, 2012 at 11:11 am #

What an incredible competition this year! Congratulations to all the winners, which includes the Yehling family and I’d say everyone who entered. I’d like to do this, but making a Movita-worthy ginger creation requires dedicated effort, research and intense concentration. I thought about quitting my job so I could participate this year, but then thought about all the baking pans and vanilla beans I could buy if I kept working. Seriously, hats off to all the competitors who put in the incredible effort with incredible results!

7. Lena Coakley December 23, 2012 at 12:56 pm #

Congratulations Yelings! Personally I think Buckingham Palace might have looked even better on fire, but that’s just me. Thank you, Movita, for hosting such a fabulous event. I’m already working with my pyrotechnics consultant for next year’s entry.