the view from here – ironwood farm

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

We spent the better part of the afternoon at Ironwood Farm’s Lamb Roast 2013. The farm suffered some tragic losses as summer came to a close – losses shared by their employees, community, family and friends. We were all too happy to join Heather and Rupert in celebrating the harvest and changing of seasons, and to bear witness to the many, many people who hold Ironwood Farm near and dear to their hearts.

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

ironwood farm | movita beaucoup

I hope you’ve had a marvellous weekend…

18 Responses to the view from here – ironwood farm

1. juanitascocina October 6, 2013 at 8:54 pm #

That looks like a marvelous weekend indeed.

• movita beaucoup October 6, 2013 at 8:56 pm #

You can touch the sheep. FURRY, FLOOFY SHEEP. Need I say more?

2. Liz October 6, 2013 at 9:21 pm #

Beautiful pictures. I love these kind of places – so homey and they make you feel so good and alive. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week.

• movita beaucoup October 7, 2013 at 6:38 am #

Thanks, Liz! Ironwood Farm has a way of making everyone feel at home. Of course, the floofy sheep really help with that…

3. Emmalina October 7, 2013 at 9:11 am #

A wonderfully serene place to spend a day, hug a sheep for me!

• movita beaucoup October 7, 2013 at 12:10 pm #

Sheep were hugged, pigs were chatted with, food was consumed. All in your honour.

4. spree October 7, 2013 at 9:52 am #

Oh Movita, I’m lovesick when it comes to floofy sheep! Just returning from the Hihglands, where the miles and miles of rolling hills were dotted everywhere by white puffs with legs and black faces. Never got close enough to touch, but I brought back lanolin-scented tufts they’d left in the heathers. 🙂 looks like you had a lovely day at Ironwood Farm – sorry for their troubles…so good they have friends!

• movita beaucoup October 7, 2013 at 12:11 pm #

Friends, indeed. So many people, so many children running around the fields! Refreshing and reassuring…

5. Bonnie October 7, 2013 at 12:20 pm #

You made it there this year, and I didn’t. Darn! Those are my great grandbabies (?) you are hugging. I so wanted to be there and hug H and R and the floofies, but it didn’t work out. Thanks for the pictures. Some day we will both be in the same place at the same time, I hope.

6. Caroline October 7, 2013 at 4:33 pm #

How silky does that sheeps muzzle look? It reminds me of my little white cats nose, which got kissed ad nauseum every day. God rest his precious soul. Beautiful pics, thanks 🙂

7. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef October 7, 2013 at 9:53 pm #

What a peaceful place to spend time. Lovely photos.

8. Renee October 8, 2013 at 4:30 pm #

Just beautiful.

9. shannon October 8, 2013 at 4:44 pm #

reason number 836 i’m considering a move to Nova Scotia. or at the very least, dual citizenship. if you’ll have me, that is.
    i want. to go. to this farm. first thing upon arrival.

10. ironwoodfarm October 9, 2013 at 8:02 pm #

xox

11. Averie @ Averie Cooks October 10, 2013 at 4:08 pm #

Your images are stunning. And wow, what a fabulous event. Love the sense of community. I grew up in rural MN and this is the type of thing that would have happened there. Here is San Diego, meh, you never know. I love it when people come together like this. Amen.

12. glutenfreezen October 11, 2013 at 8:54 am #

Beautiful!

13. movita beaucoup December 28, 2015 at 10:50 am #

Comments on this post are now closed as it was published in October 2013. Thanks for stopping by!