ginger 2013 ~ get ready to judge some people

ginger 2013 | movita beaucoup

Are you getting excited? There’s a lot of Ginger 2013 coming your way in the next few days! This year’s entries are massive epic, so I know you’re gunna love ‘em.

There will be ginger structures to vote for tomorrow (Wednesday, December 18), and on Thursday, December 19th. Winners from the first two days of competing will go on to the finals on Friday, December 20th. You will see the entries organized according to the date they hit my inbox. That means you’ll see kids competing against adults, and amateurs competing against professionals.

Some of this year’s entries are rustic – primitive structures held together with royal icing and sweat. Some entries have been submitted by people who have clearly spent the better part of a year planning your ginger demise. That, people, is the beauty of competitive gingering. Some of you still insist on saying stupid stuff like, “why don’t you have a separate category for children?“ Or, “… it’s not fair when I have to compete against ginger professionals!” Quit yer whining, and grow a set of lady parts. You know things don’t work that way around here.

Here is your voting schedule – please plan your lives accordingly. Also, if you don’t know what/when Atlantic Standard Time (AST) is, google it.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 – polls open at 8:00 am AST and remain open until 8:00 am AST the following day.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 – polls open at 8:00 am AST and close at 8:00 am AST the following day.

Friday, December 20, 2013 – The Finals – polls open at 8:00 am AST and remain open until 8:00 am AST the following day.

Saturday, December 21, 2013 – winners officially announced at When-I’ve-Had-My-Coffee AST.

Repeat voters will be blocked by cookie and IP address. This could be problematic for some voters – I’m really sorry if that is the case, but it’s my best attempt at keeping things fair.

That said, I encourage competitors to use any means possible to win. Email yer family. Blog it, tweet it, facebook it, hand out flyers – and tell your supporters to do the same. If you find a shortcut in the voting system? Have at it. All’s fair in love and ginger! Remember, it’s not necessarily the best entry that wins – it’s the competitor who best uses the interwebs to promote the living crap outta their ginger masterpiece.

So, meet me back here tomorrow. It should be a fist pumping, knuckle bumping good time!

5 Responses to ginger 2013 ~ get ready to judge some people

1. emma December 17, 2013 at 9:30 am #

This reminds me of this one time at a music competition in high school, when a guy in long flowing robes walked past singing, in his deep burly voice, “I’M GETTIN READYYYY FOR JUDGMENT DAYYYYYYY!”

2. Lynne Knowlton December 17, 2013 at 9:52 am #

First of all, I am totally impressed that you know how to block cookies and IP addresses. I only know how to eat cookies and I only just discovered what my IP address is. For reals. My own blog blocked me. hahaha. Truth. My web team had to white list me on my own blog. Does that shit only happen to me?

Second of all <– I only wrote that, because I had to think of something SECOND. Hmm. I am loving the snow on your bloggy.

Third and finally, I can't wait to drool over your Gingerbread houses this year. Can't wait !!!

Woot woot fist pump moment !

Lynne xxoxxoxoxo

3. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef December 17, 2013 at 9:46 pm #

I’ve never been a very judgmental person but I think I could get into this! 🙂

4. shannon December 18, 2013 at 12:17 am #

i’ve already started hyperventilating just with excitement. is that weird? hope not.

5. movita beaucoup December 28, 2015 at 10:58 am #

Comments on this post are now closed as it was published in December 2013. Thanks for stopping by!