bake my cake 2013: cast your vote!

It’s here. Voting day! I’d like to thank Brandi, Maggie, Eliza, Lan, Mellissa, Shannon and Katherine for making my graduation extra special. It takes baking bravery to enter a contest like this, and I appreciate the time each of you put into these absolutely amazing creations. Tomorrow – graduation day – I’ll take a little piece of each of you with me. (As in: I’m going to put cake in my pockets in case the ceremony runs long.)

People of the interwebs: have you decided? Do you know how you’re going to vote? If you need a little review, click on any of the photos to see the original post on each cake.

BRANDI’S CAKE

brandi's cake | bake my cake 2013: movita beaucoup

MAGGIE’S CAKE

maggie's cake | bake my cake: movita beaucoup

ELIZA’S CAKE

eliza's cake: bake my cake 2013 | movita beaucoup

LAN’S CAKE

lan's cake: bake my cake 2013 | movita beaucoup

MELLISSA’S CAKE

bake my cake 2013: mellissa's cake | movita beaucoup

SHANNON’S CAKE

bake my cake 2013: shannon's cake | movita beaucoup

KATHERINE’S CAKE

bake my cake 2013: katherine's cake | movita beaucoup

As in past competitions, voters will be allowed one vote per interweb device. Yes, I get that means rich people with multiple smart phones will screw you over. But I’m going to have to ask you to get over it. Or go around your village and vote on every single computer you can find. If you find a shortcut in the voting system, have at it. All’s fair in war and buttercream!

I encourage competitors to use any means possible to win. Hand out flyers. Email yer family. Blog it, tweet it, facebook it. And tell your supporters to do the same. Remember, it’s a freakin’ popularity contest. Like college! You’re playin’ with the big kids now. Now, go forth and use the interweb the way it was meant to be used: for shameless self-promotion.

Voters, pick your favourite cake and cast your vote below!

Poll will close at 7 am AST (6 am EST) on Tuesday, June 18th, 2013. Repeat voters will be blocked by cookie and IP address. Polldaddy says this could be problematic for some voters. I’m really sorry if that is the case.

21 Responses to bake my cake 2013: cast your vote!

1. ibreatheimhungry June 17, 2013 at 8:26 am #

This is the most fun I’ve had in a long time! Girls, it’s been a pleasure hanging out with you this week! :)

• shannonannon June 17, 2013 at 3:17 pm #

mellissa, my thoughts exactly. SO much fun even though currently you’re beating the ever-loving PANTS off of me. As predicted. :)

2. cindydyer June 17, 2013 at 11:41 am #

Needs more color. ;-)

3. stephbo93 June 17, 2013 at 12:55 pm #

I am totally going to vote on using every device I own because I really want Shannon to win. I mean, LOOK AT HER CAKE, PEOPLE!! If you’re not impressed by that, look at her blog detailing how to make that momofuko cake. That’s dedication. Maybe even more work and dedication than Movita put into baking school (no offense, MB–we all knew it was pretty dicey for you, what with all of your baking school antics and all). Sure, that bacon cake is nice. I mean, it’s BACON, for cripe’s sake, but Shannon has devoted three separate blogs to her cake AND has those amazing miniature pastries all over it. I can’t stop thinking about it. I think this is her year!

4. Food,Photography & France June 17, 2013 at 1:19 pm #

Shannon’s cake – no question

5. Anna June 17, 2013 at 1:22 pm #

Melissa’s cake. YUM!

6. Kyle June 17, 2013 at 2:16 pm #

I’ll have to go with Melissa’s cake. That thing looks incredible.

7. Jean June 17, 2013 at 3:24 pm #

Melissa, not only is your cake presentation beautiful and sure to be delicious you are a class act. Can’t wait to try my hand making the cake.

• ibreatheimhungry June 18, 2013 at 9:57 am #

Thanks so much Jean, I appreciate that and hope that you love the cake! :)

8. Teresa June 17, 2013 at 3:28 pm #

Brandi’s cake looks like a celebration!!!

9. Rachel June 17, 2013 at 4:31 pm #

Melissa’s cake. Because bacon. And also it’s low carb. And BACON

10. Krystle June 17, 2013 at 5:15 pm #

melissa’s cake, hands-down! BACON ON A CAKE. :|

11. big k June 17, 2013 at 6:05 pm #

i don’t know readers–something about pb and chocolate makes me insanely weak in the knees. the cakelette looks like my own personal dessert. no sharing required! <3

12. paul June 17, 2013 at 11:21 pm #

Congrats Movita. I think I need a taste test to decide?

13. Hillarie Halbrook Graham June 18, 2013 at 12:30 am #

LOVING Shannon’s cake! Such detail and dedication….that’s love :-)

14. Anonymous June 18, 2013 at 9:41 am #

Holy crap! They are all winners. Every body gets a car! Let’s go all Oprah up in here!

• ibreatheimhungry June 18, 2013 at 9:58 am #

Yes, LETS!

1. a wee donut tutorial + voting day. | A Periodic Table - June 17, 2013

[…] As many of you know, today everyone casts their vote for Bake My Cake 2013. I’m looking forward to it; even when I don’t win, I love […]

2. Bacon Chocolate Mocha Ice Cream Cake - Low Carb & Gluten Free - I Breathe... I'm Hungry... - June 17, 2013

[…] Voting Polls are open!  Call your mom!  Tell your friends!  Vote BACON today!!!!!! […]

3. pb + chocolate cakelettes | morestomach - June 17, 2013

[…] please vote for me here. […]

4. Thai Red Curry Meatballs - Low Carb and Gluten Free - I Breathe... I'm Hungry... - June 17, 2013

[…] Before you read any further, please click over to Movita Beaucoup and vote for my bacon cake today! Then get back here and read […]