technical difficulties

technical difficulties // movita beaucoup

Several months ago, when we bought our new Mac, 2.0 wondered aloud if we’d ‘still be able to get google on the new computer?’ Thus, recent changes to my blog have been a bit unsettling for him.

2.0: (staring at the computer screen) Well, your blog looks exactly the same to me.

movita:  That’s because you’re not on my new blog.

2.0: What? How am I supposed to find it?

movita: Click the link that takes you there.

2.0: Oh… (scanning the page for the link)

movita: Right here.

2.0: Oh my god! Your blog totally different! (pausing) What’s this? What the…

movita: That’s the post that tells people not to freak out about the new blog format.

2.0: I can’t find the comments!

movita: They are right there. At the bottom of the post.

2.0: Are those the ones for this writing? How do I read them?

movita: Click the little balloon with the number.

2.0: It won’t work! It won’t work!

movita: Just hover over it and click.

2.0: I am. I’m clicking a lot! It’s not working!

movita: Over the blue number. Click the blue number.

2.0: Got it… hey! Here are the comments!

(pausing to read)

2.0: Wait. I can’t get back. I can’t get back!

movita: Well, you could just hit the back button. Or click on the home page button. Or click banner at the top.

2.0: It’s okay. I got back.

(pausing to read some more)

2.0: Where are the popular posts? I can’t find them!

movita: Why don’t you type ‘popular posts’ in the search box?

2.0: (typing ‘popular’ into the URL bar) Here?

movita: No. Where it says ‘search.’

2.0: Here? (typing on a new page)

movita: No. That’s google. For the love of…

2.0: Found ’em!

11 Comments

1. IgnorantBystander on April 15, 2011 at 8:11 am

How do I post comments? I’m so confused…

• movita on April 15, 2011 at 10:01 am

Just fill in the comment field. No. Not there. Down. No. Move the mouse… no, not up. Move the mouse down. Down. Further… further… oh for the love of… just let me do it.

2. maudiemaudie on April 15, 2011 at 8:27 am

I’m laughing as I write this! My husband is exactly the same. I bought him a laptop just before Christmas and I don’t know how he does some of the things that happen to it; he wanted one of his own because he’s frightened of my computer and what will happen to him if he messes it up. Address bar, search box, tool bar they’re all the same and interchangeable to him.
    Like the new look, but I’m thinking the blue is a bit light for reading without squinting.

• movita on April 15, 2011 at 9:56 am

I was thinking that too! I think I might darken the blue up a bit – thanks for confirming my thoughts! I’ll get on that this weekend.

2.0 wants an ipad. I can’t even imagine the problems this will cause…

• movita on April 15, 2011 at 10:08 am

I just darkened it. My middle aged eyes are less squinty now.

3. P.Kitty on April 15, 2011 at 9:46 am

(insert Russian Accent)….your blog, it is like, first day of spring….like beautiful homeland, it’s is like Cecchetti 8th ports de bras….

• movita on April 15, 2011 at 9:58 am

Wait until you see the new RAD Int port de bras. Is like… how you say? Industrial accident.

4. emmalina73 on April 15, 2011 at 10:04 am

I can relate to the Amish behaviour! I have been known to scream in rage at my computer when it does not magically respond to my thought waves. Damn technology!

• movita on April 15, 2011 at 10:25 am

Maybe it can read your mind, and it’s just messing with you… gulp.

5. heather cutten on April 15, 2011 at 11:47 am

I enjoy your website….such a lovely sense of humour and love your recipes.

6. movita beaucoup on September 7, 2015 at 7:49 am

Comments are now closed on this post – it was published in 2011!