reader survey

reader survey | movita beaucoup

Happy New Year!

I’m going to be upfront with you: this isn’t a real post. I’m gunna ask you to do something for me, but I’ll sugarcoat it by telling you that I’m in the middle of testing an amazing bread recipe for you. Seriously. It’s really, really good. Given that I went back to school to become a BREAD BAKER, it’s weird that I haven’t shared any recipes with you. New to baking bread? Afraid of yeast? Don’t worry, little one. I’ll teach you the tricks of the trade.

In the meantime, I’m conducting a short reader survey, and would really appreciate your input. There are just five questions! So if you haven’t done so already, and you’d like to help a lady out, click here to complete the survey! The survey is completely anonymous.

If you’d rather not take part in the survey, but you’ve got something you’d like to see here on the blog, please feel free to leave a suggestion or two in the comments. It’s pretty obvious that most of you are smarter and funnier than me, so let’s just stop pretending otherwise.

UPDATE: The survey is now closed. Thank you so much for your input! I’ll post some of the highlights once I’ve reviewed and organized the results. Calculators and pie charts will be involved. If you missed out, feel free to add suggestions to the comments!

19 Comments

1. gary on January 7, 2015 at 6:59 pm

I’d like to see more about your relationship with 2.0 – mostly because it’s funny and entertaining. I’m also wondering how your relationship with 2.0 fits with my theory that men never mature past about 48 months – that the “good” ones are actually the less mature ones that don’t mature too far into their “Terrible T’s”. They’re the “momma’s boys” that reach the 18 – 23 month maturity level. The “bad boys” are the ones that have matured further into their “Terrible T’s” to the 24 – 48 month level and act up/out quite a bit more. On one hand this is a farcical theory but on the other hand I can’t tell you how many woman have found this theory disturbing given their empirical data.

Sincerely,

Husband on the cusp

• movita beaucoup on January 8, 2015 at 7:12 am

Gary, your theory should be put to the test by some sort of research team. Not me, of course, as that many toddlers in one room would make me want to end my life. Still, SOMEONE should develop this idea fully. Maybe quit your job? DIY research?

A number of survey respondents – actually, most of the men – have requested more information on 2.0 and how he is able to… live with me. I promise to tell you many more 2.0 stories this year! (You can use it in your research!)

• gary on January 8, 2015 at 10:10 pm

Ms. Dyer I have no doubt that 2.0 “lives with you” because in your own very special way that you’re beautiful, fun, touch his heart and make him happy – plus you’re good with the cats and can really cook.

• movita beaucoup on January 9, 2015 at 8:47 am

Ms. Dyer likes this post.

2. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef on January 7, 2015 at 7:50 pm

Oh please do an advice column but be brutally honest and snarky with the answers. 🙂

• movita beaucoup on January 8, 2015 at 7:13 am

Maureen, I wouldn’t have it otherwise! It seems the majority of respondents would like to see a column. I wonder how many people will regret that down the road?

3. Nancy @ gottagetbaked on January 7, 2015 at 9:30 pm

ADVICE COLUMN FOR THE WIN!!! The full caps and multiple exclamation points show how excited I am at the prospect.

• movita beaucoup on January 8, 2015 at 7:16 am

I BASICALLY LIVE TO MAKE YOU EXCITED!!! Or something that sounds less creepy.

4. rockandwool on January 7, 2015 at 11:39 pm

my darling!
    Advice column:::x oh dear!!
    or do your blog in papers:::syndicated column :::NYTimes, etc. YES::Get Paid to be YOU X0X

• movita beaucoup on January 8, 2015 at 7:16 am

You win at being my favourite person today. Congratulations. (There is no prize.)

5. Willow @ Will Cook For Friends on January 8, 2015 at 11:52 am

I clicked through and took the survey before reading the sentence, “the survey is completely anonymous.” So, if you have some really weird answers in there, that would be me. In all seriousness, though, how many people actually said no to an advice column? I want to know who those people are, because they need some serious help. ALSO. You have an ad in your sidebar that is showing me a woman in the most uncomfortable looking bikini I have ever seen. Just thought you should know.

• movita beaucoup on January 9, 2015 at 8:51 am

First, all bikinis are uncomfortable. Second, I will assume any weird survey answers are yours. Several people have actually gone to the trouble of telling me who they are in the comments they’ve left. Like: Hey, it’s Joe! I like cookies! Can you tell me how to make them? It’s the best!

6. Uniquity on January 8, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I already took the survey… but now I know that you’re a bread baker so I want to hear about it. Seriously. I love making bread. I love reading about it, and eating it, and seeing what others do. Teach us the ways. For free! 🙂

• movita beaucoup on January 9, 2015 at 8:51 am

I’m on it!!

7. thatskinnychickcanbake on January 11, 2015 at 10:19 pm

Cannot wait for the bread. I’m an impatient sort when it comes to carbs 🙂

8. Amy on January 13, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Aw man, I missed the survey! I’m assuming it had questions regarding what type of cookies I’d like you to bake for my New Year’s care package.

9. emma on January 19, 2015 at 6:43 pm

I missed it too because I am an awful blog reader but I now feel some great sense of injustice. Oh the humanity!

10. rockandwool on January 24, 2015 at 1:46 pm

okay:::
    I have the ingredients –mise en place–
    I printed your finnish pulla recipe (along with 21 of your other recipes i printed)

and I’ve come to conclude:

you must have someone help you make a Kooky cookbook and sell them =
    FUTURE BEST SELLER*
    I feel like I’m cheating, because all I do is become popular in the lunchroom at work just because of YOUR recipes. yum yum yum

Perhaps I can become your Rep out here in Oregon, when you sell your books at Powell’s Bookstore * hint hint
    faithfully yours,
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
    teri

• movita beaucoup on January 25, 2015 at 9:13 am

Teri, your comment made my morning coffee 100% AWESOME! You can be my rep anytime!!

xox