2015 survey results

Your feedback was most helpful! Here’s what you had to say:

Which posts on movitabeaucoup.com do you enjoy the most?

survey results | movita beaucoup

This was a tough question, so some of you simply checked EVERY option, and the rest of you left comments to complain that it was too hard to choose, life isn’t fair, and yadda, yadda, yadda. It’s nice to know that you are as indecisive as I am.

As suspected, most of you like hearing my dumb stories more than anything else. This pleases me to no end. Also, a number of you mentioned that you think hanging out here is way fun, and that this is due in part to the exchanges we have in the comments section. I second that emotion.

A large number of you said that you miss seeing recipes (especially cakes) on my blog, but then felt the need to tell me that you’ve never actually tried any of them and, in all likelihood, won’t. What the? I love you crazy kids!

I’m thinking about starting an advice column. Yay or nay?

survey results | movita beaucoup

Obviously, this is going to happen.

Are there any features/topics you’d like to see more of? Is there a new feature you’d like to see?

The most common requests were:

• more stories about 2.0 and I
  • cakes, cake decorating tips/tutorials, and crafts
  • an advice column
  • additional competitions

How do you feel about post frequency on movitabeaucoup.com?

survey results | movita beaucoup

None of you told me to get off the interwebs, so that was nice. Some of you told me that you’d like to see more posts, but only if it wasn’t an inconvenience because you don’t want to put pressure on me. You guys are ridiculously nice.

Anything else you’d like to say?

I can’t even tell you how touched I am by the amazing comments you left in this section. Thank you. Seriously.

So, you’ve made some requests, and I’m going to do my best to accommodate you in 2015.

What you’ll see on this here blog:

More 2.0. (He’ll be thrilled.)

More cakes, cake tutorials and crafts. These were the most repeated requests in your comments.

More about where I live. I don’t blame you – Nova Scotia is awesome! Those of you who requested this information were quick to say that you don’t want it for “stalking purposes,” which makes me think that you do, indeed, want it for stalking purposes.

An advice column. A startling number of you actually yell-typed your request for this, with subtle threats about how I’d better start this feature or else. Ask and ye shall receive.

A continuation of your favourite series: Family Snapshots, The Roommate, Crap I’ve Been Meaning to Tell You About, and re-tellings of famous ballets. Turns out you like learning about dance history. At least, the way I tell it.

Stories. Always stories.

stop whining | movita beaucoup

What you won’t see on this here blog:

Gluten-free, paleo, low carb, and anything with skinny, low-fat, and/or lightened-up in the recipe title. Dudebros, I ain’t ridin’ those waves. Posts along those lines would be inauthentic. (2.0 doesn’t even know gluten is, but he’s quite sure he likes it.) Plus, there many, many blogs already doing that stuff and doing it very well. Visit those talented people, and then come back here for stuff that’ll kill you.

Epic stories combined with recipes. Friends, it’s really hard to find a recipe pairing for a story about flatulence. So, for the most part, recipes and tall tales will be kept separate.

Photos of 2.0 and I. Surprisingly, a number of you told me that you like to imagine all sorts of things about us {shudder}, and actually appreciate that I’ve left many things (including our appearance) to your imagination. This is deliberate, and won’t change. Like characters in a good book, I want to leave some things to your creepy nighttime fantasies. (But for those of you who asked, yes, 2.0 is very handsome.) (Ew. Are you fantasizing about him? Stop it. STOP IT RIGHT NOW.)

My feelings on politics and the news – most of which has been horrifying lately. I like to think that my blog and social media channels are happy places in which we can forget those things (and our troubles) for a spell. Let’s keep it that way.

Babies.

What you might see on this here blog:

Another competition, with a focus on dodgy and/or amateur skills. I’m thinking on this, as I want it to be something fun. Bake My Cake kinda fizzled out, so a springtime replacement might be nice. I won’t be adding multiple competitions (as some of you requested), because prizes come outta my pocket and guys? I ain’t Liliane Bettencourt.

Lastly, I can’t believe how many of you made requests for a book. I’m terribly flattered. But also, not that talented. So I’m thinking I might just staple something together and mail it to you.

25 Comments

1. Liz Berg on January 23, 2015 at 7:29 am

You DO have the most entertaining comment section. Cannot wait for your advice column—it’s got to be better than the advice I’ve been giving myself 🙂

• movita beaucoup on January 23, 2015 at 7:50 am

Liz I’m here to help you. With the most unhelpful advice ever.

2. Kita on January 23, 2015 at 8:55 am

Yaaaay! Baby free zone!

• Campbellicious on January 23, 2015 at 12:06 pm

Double yay!

3. Cherrill on January 23, 2015 at 2:20 pm

Does babies include Will & Kate’s?

• movita beaucoup on January 23, 2015 at 4:36 pm

Oh, you mean MY Royal Baby? No. That little bundle is always welcome here.

4. Kirsten Joy on January 23, 2015 at 5:32 pm

I just LOVE your blog, you, and the thought of your devious self having an advice column! I would take your advice an run with it! For reals.

• movita beaucoup on January 24, 2015 at 7:34 am

This makes me very, very happy.

5. IgnorantBystander on January 23, 2015 at 6:57 pm

More monster trucks

• movita beaucoup on January 24, 2015 at 7:35 am

Um… I don’t recall seeing this request in the submitted surveys. Please submit this request in the 2016 survey. In the meantime, you will see teeny-tiny trucks.

6. Bonnie on January 23, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Whatever you do is just right! But, I do love your Ballet Stories.

• movita beaucoup on January 24, 2015 at 7:38 am

I love the ballet stories too! I just have to decide which one to do next…

7. Stephbo on January 23, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Whaddya mean, you can’t find recipe pairings for flatulence stories?!? Anything which includes broccoli, beans, and/or dairy products should do it.

• movita beaucoup on January 24, 2015 at 7:38 am

These are excellent points. Broccoli cake? I feel a trend starting!

8. susanlwilkins on January 23, 2015 at 9:56 pm

No babies…no gluten free crap…no politics…sounds like I’ll keep coming back! Oh, and here’s an epic story/recipe idea: many moons ago my college roomies and I called those moments of public flatulence “fluffing” … combine fluffing with a great recipe for fluffer nutters! 🙂 Oh the fun!!!

• movita beaucoup on January 24, 2015 at 7:40 am

Clearly I have underestimated all of you. The next time I’m having a story/recipe pairing problem, I’ll put out a call for assistance!

9. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef on January 24, 2015 at 8:01 am

Excellent to see that others agree with me. I, for one, am glad we won’t see cakes and farts in the same post. I think there are a few things that don’t belong on a cake and a fart is one.

• movita beaucoup on January 25, 2015 at 9:11 am

Problems arising from the expectation that I could pair farts with cakes seamlessly, were part of the reason I unfoodblogged my blog this year. I’M NOT A MAGICIAN! Still, I like posts about each of those things immensely, so I think this is gunna work out juuuuust fine…

10. Willow @ Will Cook For Friends on January 24, 2015 at 7:46 pm

This is most excellent! I am so excited for an advice column, and honestly, just about anything and everything else you decide to throw our way this year. Yay, 2015!

• movita beaucoup on January 25, 2015 at 9:11 am

I’m here for you, Willow.

11. Nancy @ gottagetbaked on January 25, 2015 at 1:34 pm

The most pressing question is: who are the fools who said “nay” to an advice column and to you posting less?! That kind of attitude deserves a time out at the Rutherfords’, methinks. I’m excited for everything you’ve got coming our way, Movita! No babies, more flatulence! Yay!

12. aino anto on January 25, 2015 at 3:39 pm

Me too, I am excited about your coming foray into advicing. Been mulling over various scenarios in my life which could use your insightful help. So far none are suitable for the web. I’ll keep pondering, shall I?

• movita beaucoup on January 25, 2015 at 4:03 pm

If it’s unsuitable for the web, it will most likely be suitable for my blog. TRUST.

13. wee eats on January 28, 2015 at 10:42 am

/slow clap

14. shannon on January 29, 2015 at 10:53 am

ohhhh i can NOT wait for an advice column. like in a big way: i plan to ask you very serious questions and then redirect my life to align with your answers. i need help in so many ways, obviously.