family snapshots: a room of one’s own

family snapshots | movita beaucoup

The introverted child may benefit from the quiet he can find in his own bedroom, where he can get away from his siblings if so desired. It offers a place to read, relax and when given the opportunity to personalize his space, spark the imagination.

24 Responses to family snapshots: a room of one’s own

1. Monica K October 14, 2014 at 3:51 pm #

Makes a great playpen, or in the modern vernacular Pack ‘n Play, when there isn’t one to be had. 🙂

• movita beaucoup October 14, 2014 at 8:05 pm #

Pack ‘n Play. Perfect description of my brother’s childhood!

2. natalie @ wee eats October 14, 2014 at 6:54 pm #

Nowadays these finnicky americans would cry “child abuse” – PFT! HOW ELSE IS A BABY SUPPOSED TO TAILGATE?

When I was a kid my sister and I had to share a room. It was painted bright yellow (her choice) and had a wallpaper trim(?) that was a fat cat that was painting (my choice). I would have rather stayed in a trunk.

• movita beaucoup October 14, 2014 at 8:06 pm #

That trunk was ROOMY! I mean, there are worse fates… like wallpaper trim.

3. Rosie Beaucoup October 14, 2014 at 7:02 pm #

Before anymore even remote suggestions of child abuse scenarios surface, let me explain that we were having a picnic on the Fundy shore and as all hands were occupied laying the summer feast out on the picnic table, Sweet Baboo was placed in the trunk to safely enjoy his appetizer. We are an inventive family and work with what we have…

• movita beaucoup October 14, 2014 at 7:21 pm #

That doesn’t explain why we kept him in there for the better part of two years.

• Eggton October 15, 2014 at 12:34 am #

Man, I was just going to get my kid a teether toy on amazon but now I realize that A SPARE TIRE IS WAY BETTER! My thanks to Rosie for the tip!

4. AHAnto October 14, 2014 at 7:27 pm #

Laughing out loud over here – again.

• movita beaucoup October 14, 2014 at 8:06 pm #

I does whats I cans.

5. IgnorantBystander October 14, 2014 at 7:41 pm #

Probably still keeps a spare tire in his bedroom.

• movita beaucoup October 14, 2014 at 8:06 pm #

I can’t lie: he really like cars.

• Movita's Sister October 14, 2014 at 9:46 pm #

This explains a lot, actually.

6. Stacy October 15, 2014 at 4:52 am #

I never fail to laugh out loud at Family Snapshots. Thank you for that.

• Stacy October 15, 2014 at 4:53 am #

At least his room was carpeted. More than some folks have. Also a tire swing. Just needs a longer rope, probably.

• movita beaucoup October 16, 2014 at 10:21 am #

WALL TO WALL carpeting at that!

7. shannon October 15, 2014 at 9:02 am #

Hey: that was the seventies. people still smoked in hospitals WHILE THEY WERE HAVING THEIR BABIES. So Rosie put a kid in the trunk…in the olden days, people used to use drawers for bassinets. I admire her resourcefulness.

• movita beaucoup October 16, 2014 at 10:21 am #

That’s all I’m saying, Shannon.

8. Nancy @ gottagetbaked October 15, 2014 at 3:23 pm #

That’s pretty bad ass. I wish I could say I played in my parent’s car trunk as a child! The dirty spare tire adds a certain ruggedness to the whole scenario.

• movita beaucoup October 16, 2014 at 10:22 am #

Adopamop is very rugged. Except around snakes. Then… the opposite of rugged.

9. Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories October 15, 2014 at 11:52 pm #

Oh my gosh!! Hysterically laughing.

10. mary jane sampson October 17, 2014 at 2:00 pm #

Our only child was teeny tiny we could fit her in many drawers and spaces, she has always loved being an introvert and she does live in a tiny apt. in new York city, it is decorated lovelier than anyplace I have ever seen..She is till tiny and tall, her cat is a Maryanne redheaded dolly plump and sweet she rescued her from the mean streets, no teeth but quite the little chatterer..I loved the picture and got a hoot out of it, happy Halloween and happy turkey day too!

• movita beaucoup October 17, 2014 at 2:16 pm #

Dear Mary Jane,

I think we should blend our families. We’d get along just fine.

xox movita

11. Matt October 18, 2014 at 1:05 am #

I see nothing wrong with this, and I’m pretty sure I spent lots of time in the trunk as a kid. Which explains a lot….

12. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef October 27, 2014 at 8:40 am #

That’s a pretty luxurious room. Carpeted, nice blanket, snacks. The tire does seem to take up a lot of space but you could hide a small kitten in there.