yer dancin’ photos

yer dancin' photos // movita beaucoup

That’s me. Scottish country dancin’ like a boss. And before you ask, no, that’s not 2.0. Have I told you that I teach international folk dance? It’s not something that comes up a lot. It’s also not the best way to make yourself sound cool.

Anyhoo, as we head into the holidays, and some of you lament that you aren’t good at gingering, I thought I’d ask you to send me a dancing photo of your own. Maybe it’s old. Maybe it’s new. Maybe you’re wearing something with sequins. Send it to me! And then I’ll post it on this here blog.

Send yer photos to: movita@live.ca. Send ’em whenever you’ve got enough time to find something. Or perhaps snap off a few shots this weekend. (Don’t hurt yourselves.) I’ll post them whenever I’ve got a few to share. Let’s make this a regular thing, okay?

If you don’t have photo – because your family didn’t love you and only photographed your pet lizard – we can work around it. For example, I bet you’ve got a cool dancing story. You could always share that in the comments below!

Here’s what happened the last time we did this:

yer dancin’ photos – part 1

yer dancin’ photos – part 2

P.S. You’re welcome to share a video. Make sure you’ve uploaded it to Vimeo or YouTube as a public video, and then send along the link. Bonus points if it’s an old home movie. Extra bonus points if you’re falling off a stage.

9 Comments

1. Lan | MoreStomach on December 2, 2015 at 2:19 pm

my favorite is that I’M IN BOTH THOSE POSTS.

• movita beaucoup on December 3, 2015 at 6:34 am

You’re basically a principal dancer now.

2. Willow | Will Cook For Friends on December 2, 2015 at 4:17 pm

I am so happy to say I don’t have any photos of me dancing. In fact, I don’t think there are any such photos in existence (or at least, I hope not). Not because I *don’t* dance, but because when I do, I always think I look really cool and like I know what I’m doing… but really, you know when you’ve had a lot to drink and you think that everything you say is really deep and eloquent? Chances are, however great you think you are, it’s the opposite. That’s me dancing. Oh, I did dance on a pole once. Have I mentioned how glad I am that there are no photos of me dancing?

• movita beaucoup on December 3, 2015 at 6:56 am

This is exactly what happens at every wedding I’ve ever been to. No one looks cool when dancing in fancy wedding clothes, and yet people insist on being deep and eloquent and doing the dancing. A LOT of dancing. It’s the best! And worst! GAH! I love it!

Still, I wouldn’t mind seeing a photo of you on that pole…

3. Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories on December 2, 2015 at 11:28 pm

Oooh. I’m going to have to dig deep into the archives~

• movita beaucoup on December 3, 2015 at 6:57 am

Perhaps do some deep digging while you’ve got a batch of bread rising? TWO BIRDS!

4. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef on December 3, 2015 at 8:42 pm

I loved to dance as a young person but when my inner ear/dizziness problems began, I can’t put one foot in front of the other without looking like I’m dancing like my husband. Not attractive. I have no photos of when I was young but there was one when I was 9 and I thought I was preparing for a life on the stage. Good thing you can’t see it. 🙂

5. Marlene Cornelis on December 5, 2015 at 11:12 pm

No dancing photos, but last weekend I got to go dancing! Real dancing, not what happens on a handkerchief-sized dance floor in a bar. I went to a Christmas party out in rural Ontario where they know how to do these things up right … big dinner, followed by music and strutting our stuff on a big dance floor. It was wonderful, and for the first time in — dare I say it — decades, I got to polka! Talk about getting back to my roots –so much fun!

• movita beaucoup on December 6, 2015 at 8:23 am

POLKA?!?! I love to polka! Consider me seriously jealous…