petite merde no. 2

At the doctor’s office today:

Dr. P: (holding her liquid nitrogen blaster) Have you had this procedure done before?

movita: Nope.

Dr. P: Okay, well… don’t scream.

movita: Wait… what?

(after the procedure)

movita: Any special care instructions?

Dr. P: Don’t buy a bathing suit.

movita: Obviously. Wait… what?

Dr. P: No swimming for a while.

movita: You’re full of good advice today.

10 Responses to petite merde no. 2

1. natalie @ wee eats September 14, 2016 at 5:58 pm #

I would really like to know more about what is happening here.
    Also, I’ve been living under a rock and have really missed you and your face.

• movita beaucoup September 14, 2016 at 6:06 pm #

*waves back* Natalie, I miss you too!

Being of Irish descent (read: pale and freckled), I’m prone to pre-cancerous spots. I’m in a high risk category for melanoma, so I’m under CONSTANT WATCH. I’ve had skin cancer, so today was my annual skin check, and Dr. P. felt it best to blast some of my face off in order to prevent more skin cancer. I won’t lie: I look fantastic.

• natalie @ wee eats October 4, 2016 at 12:57 pm #

This will inevitably happen to me too someday. I can’t wait to look and feel awesome afterwards. My only saving grace is that I spend 99% of my time indoors and away from all light sources. Basically like a pale irish vampire.

2. WillCookForFriends September 14, 2016 at 6:45 pm #

No doctor has ever needed to advice me not to buy a bathing suit. I feel like the bathing suits themselves do a good enough job putting me off.

• movita beaucoup September 14, 2016 at 6:55 pm #

I haven’t purchased a bathing suit since 1996. NEVER LOOK BACK.

3. Karen @ Karen's Kitchen Stories September 14, 2016 at 11:22 pm #

Been there.

4. Mike Harvey (@Tw0fl0wer) September 15, 2016 at 5:17 am #

That sounds like a pretty drastic procedure.

• movita beaucoup September 15, 2016 at 8:51 am #

Not for me, Mike. I’m VERY strong.

5. Liz Berg September 15, 2016 at 7:54 am #

I need to have my face blasted soon, too. There’s never an ideal time to have scabs on one’s face, is there? Hope you’re healing quickly! #darnthatirishskin

• movita beaucoup September 16, 2016 at 7:32 am #

I’m hoping my students will take me more seriously this week. Especially when I hint that I was in an altercation at a local bar…