bucket list

bucket list // movita beaucoup

Back when I started blogging (2007), I kept a bucket list in my sidebar. I figured I’d be more motivated to cross things off the list if the internet trolls were keeping track of my accomplishments failures. When I started this blog in 2010, I forgot about the list. When I came across it last week I discovered that I had only crossed ONE THING off. (And if I’m being completely honest I can only use one self-serve gas pump. The one at the bottom of the hill.)

BUCKET LIST as of May 4, 2018:

• learn to play new musical instrument
  • learn to fly kite
  • learn to cartwheel
  • learn toĀ somersault
  • learn to use self-serve gas pump
  • learn to snap fingers
  • take art class
  • see real (living) fireflies
  • learn new dance form
  • hang out in France
  • see real (living) seahorse
  • learn calligraphy or some other fancy penmanship
  • learn to whistle
  • write book
  • (bonus) get book published
  • ride bike
  • learn to drive standard
  • learn to change tire
  • learn to skate
  • skate at Nathan Phillips Square
  • learn to belch
  • revisit my youth: attend Kingston Steer BBQ and Village Fair
  • skate at Rockefeller Center
  • learn to use a new self-serve gas pump

I know some of these may be unrealistic (I’ve been trying to belch for 40+ years), but it’s not like I put ‘become prime minister’ on there. I’d like to slay this list by the time I turn 50, so I’ve got about four years starting NOW! Guys? I respond well to screaming and threats. Keep me on track.

*grabs remote, starts re-watching Friends on Netflix*

18 Comments

1. Ignoramist on May 4, 2018 at 11:34 am

If you’re serious I can teach you to drive a stick. Done it twice already and only small animals were harmed.

Bonus: my car is super easy to learn on.

• movita beaucoup on May 4, 2018 at 12:14 pm

What? This is excellent news! Okay, this is one of the scarier things on my list, so I’ll have to work up to it. I’LL BE IN TOUCH AS MY CONFIDENCE BUILDS.

2. Rick P. on May 4, 2018 at 5:35 pm

… “Go fly a kite!” Citadel Hill July 8th šŸ˜„

• movita beaucoup on May 4, 2018 at 7:11 pm

I’M GUNNA CRUSH THIS BUCKET LIST!!

• Mike on May 8, 2018 at 10:53 am

What’s difficult about flying a kite anyway?

• movita beaucoup on May 9, 2018 at 8:09 am

Well, if you’ve never done it before I hear it’s tricky!

3. Eva on May 4, 2018 at 6:10 pm

learn to play new musical instrument…may I suggest the ukelele
    learn to fly kite…arguably one of the more frustrating children’s past times and the movie Kite Runner further ruined it for me
    learn to cartwheel…been there (a million years ago) never doing again
    learn to somersault…ditto
    learn to use self-serve gas pump …yes…yes you must
    learn to snap fingers…you are too elegant
    take art class…you could probably teach the class
    see real (living) fireflies…me too me too
    learn new dance form…merengue?
    hang out in France…take me with
    see real (living) seahorse…we are definitely kindred spirits
    learn calligraphy or some other fancy penmanship…you can tell a lot about someone by their writing
    learn to whistle…I wish
    write book…one day most def
    (bonus) get book published…in my dreams
    ride bike….dude we need to talk!
    learn to drive standard…uh pass
    learn to change tire…a must
    learn to skate…only if I can be guaranteed not to fall and slice myself on the skates
    skate at Nathan Phillips Square…??
    learn to belch…Hell yes! I can teach
    revisit my youth: attend Kingston Steer BBQ and Village Fair šŸ˜Š
    skate at Rockerfeller CenteršŸ˜
    learn to use a new self-serve gas pumpšŸ˜†
    Eva wants to meet her Anne of Green Gables!

• movita beaucoup on May 4, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Thank goodness I got that ukulele for Christmas…

4. Karen Schroeder on May 4, 2018 at 6:21 pm

Bucket list….we all dream about them. You have done so much in your life! It’s all about giving back. You have done so much , teaching every student, touching their lives that you don’t know about. Your bucket list will happen. Your such an amazing person. I think your bucket list ..is just starting :). You don’t know how amazing you are! ..2.0 also lol

• movita beaucoup on May 4, 2018 at 7:12 pm

If only those students had taught me to belch…

• Eva on May 4, 2018 at 8:04 pm

Gingerale

5. Christine on May 4, 2018 at 7:15 pm

You seriously never went to the Steer BBQ or fair? My bro and I had to dress up for every parade. One year we dressed as Arabs which is okay cos we are Arabs, but frankly only just okay.

Do not skate at Rockefeller square. Nightmare of aggressive people on a VERY small surface which is melting.

Fireflies rock.

I could teach you a new dance. I got some moves.

• movita beaucoup on May 4, 2018 at 7:29 pm

Well, I went to the Steer BBQ and Fair as a kid. In fact, I was there when you barfed on one of the rides. (That was high school, I think.) Also, I was in the parade too. DO YOU EVEN REMEMBER ME?

Oh, I’ll skate at Rockefeller. People will definitely make room for me. I’m a flailer.

I’ve seen you dance. So… let’s just put that on the back burner, k?

• Christine on May 4, 2018 at 9:30 pm

Then why would you want to go back to the BBQ?? I recall you and the little sis winning for best costume now that you mention it.

I barfed in the tea-cup ride. Then you gagged cos it was on your feet. It was all good though. Although Ai do feel that all fair rides should be illegal under the Geneva Convention.

6. Liz on May 6, 2018 at 8:32 am

What???! You don’t want to be Prime Minister? Great list.

• movita beaucoup on May 9, 2018 at 8:09 am

I’d put too many people in jail.

7. Stephbo on May 13, 2018 at 12:26 am

Were you never a child? How is it that you don’t know how to do cartwheels and somersaults?? And I cannot believe that someone with your skills doesn’t know how to belch. I’ve elevated belching to an art form.

• movita beaucoup on May 13, 2018 at 9:09 am

GYMNASTICS IS/ARE DANGEROUS. BELCHING IS HARD.

Maybe I did skip childhood…